What can you do in Los Cabos during the summer? Plenty! Although summertime may not be the most popular time to visit Cabo, there are still many fun activities this time of year.
Mexican summertime officially begins on or around June 21st and runs through mid-September. When the kids start summer break it’s an excellent time to bring the whole family to relax and enjoy summer fun in Los Cabos.
For starters, who doesn’t love the beach! There are several swimmable beaches to enjoy during the summer in Los Cabos. All of these beaches are on the Sea of Cortez side with the exception of Los Cerritos.
- El Medano (Spring Break Beach)
- Playa El Amor (Lover’s Beach)
- Bahia Chileno (Snorkeling Beach)
- Santa Maria (Snorkeling Beach)
- Palmilla (Public Beach)
- Costa Azul (Surfer’s Beach)
- Playa Las Viudas (Widow’s Beach)
- Playa Bledito (San Jose)
- Los Cerritos (Todos Santos, located on the Pacific)
With an average high temperature of 95 degrees during the summer, which may feel hotter depending on the humidity, water sports are an excellent choice of activity in the summertime. The Sea of Cortez water temperature warms up significantly by June, so I recommend these types of water activities:
- Snorkeling: Santa Maria and Chileno Bay are two incredible public spots for snorkeling. You can even take a fantastic yacht like Cabo Blue out and anchor in one of these bays.
- Jet skiing, parasailing and flyboarding: Rent any of these directly from the hard-working vendors right on Medano Beach.
- Scuba Diving: Try Dive Cabo for a really fun scuba diving experience.
- Sailing: Contact Cabo Sailing to book your private trip.
- Surfing: Just a short drive up the corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo and you are at Zippers and Cabo Surf, the best surf locations in the Baja.
- Fishing: Many vendors around the marina offer all types of fishing trips.
Summertime is a great time to fish in Cabo. The warm water temperature ensures a wide variety of fish, including the popular billfish marlin. The first fishing tournaments of the year start in August up North on the East Cape: Bisbee’s East Cape Offshore Fishing Tournament is held August 3 – 7, 2021 and the East Cape Gold Cup Wahoo Jackpot Fishing Tournament is August 21, 2021.
You should also know that since hurricane season officially started on May 15th and runs through November there can be humid and rainy days sporadically throughout summer. Some restaurants and stores may close during tropical storm warnings. Hurricanes can hit Los Cabos, but they are most common in the month of September.
If months of lockdown have you itching to visit Cabo, now is the time!